Papers for Foundation Piecing

I have been looking for thin and lightweight papers to do paper piecing with, but it seems like every store I go to, there are only 20 lbs papers or heavier weight kinds. So, I finally decided to give it a go with papers for foundation piecing. I ordered the product below which was available through Amazon for $6.95 and came with 100 pages. The paper is grey-ish and feels like a very thin newspaper.


I have a HP Photosmart 6510 printer, and there were few times I got ink smudges when I printed with these papers, but they were nothing too bad to interfere with seeing the patterns. With these papers, I skipped the step of puncturing the lines with a sewing machine before constructing my pattern. Papers seem to tear pretty well at the end, so I am satisfied with it. I am still going to be on the lookout for regular printer papers that are light weight though. 

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

2013 ProtoQuilt // Joanne Kim Milnes. Powered by Blogger.

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.